Richard specialises in various data management and governance aspects as a Research Consultant - Data Steward at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine – reNEW, University of Copenhagen. His focus areas include Data Governance, Research Data Management, and Data Repositories using Dataverse. He also works with FAIR Principles and FAIR Digital Objects to ensure data is Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable. In addition, and has expertise in the Data Science Process and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
To ensure that data is machine-readable, Richard uses metadata standards such as the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, Data Catalog Vocabulary (DCAT), DataCite Metadata Schema, and Data Documentation Initiative (DDI). He is particularly interested in developing Machine Actionable Data and Metadata for Machines to support automated data management and discovery.
His work focuses on enabling Open Science through effective data management, governance, and accessibility and he is a member of the following work groups or task forces:
- EOSC (European Open Science Cloud) FAIR Metric Task Force
- EOSC (European Open Science Cloud) Data Quality Task Force
- CODATA GOSC (Global Open Science Cloud) Data Interoperability Working Group
- CODATA GOSC (Global Open Science Cloud) Technology Infrastructure Working Group
- Harvard Dataverse Metadata Working Group